Geoff Coombe has been working with Australian wildlife for nearly 50 years with a particular focus on venomous snakes. He got together with Rob Kiernan to create a book that gives readers a better understanding of snakes in Australia and how to live with them.
Living with Snakes in Australia was written especially for those planning a new life down under – but who are a little wary of our snakes.
And here’s a tiny glimpse of what you will discover:
- Exactly which snakes are dangerously venomous and the areas they live in.
- Which cities have the most and least dangerous snakes?
- What exactly are the chances of getting bitten?
- What exactly are the chances of that bite being fatal?
- How to best prepare your backyard to deter snakes.
- The dangers of snakes to your pets and how to best safeguard them.
- Best first aid practices in the event of an unlikely bite.
… and much more.